SERVING SIZE 105 g ( 1 slice )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 14
- 1 recipe wheat starch dough (available on our recipe list)
- 2 medium sized apples (350g), cored and finely cubed
- 3 Tbs butter
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbs sugar
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Tbs melted butter
- 2 Tbs water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Prepare Wheat Starch Dough and place in warm oven covered with a damp towel to rise.
- Melt 3 Tbs butter in a small sauce pan and add apples. Cook approx 5 minutes mixing frequently.
- Add cinnamon and sugar and whisk in the cornstarch. Continue cooking until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Divide dough in half in order to make two separate strudels.
- On a large, lightly floured surface stretch and roll the dough into a large, thin rectangle. Sprinkle with 1/2 the apple mixture leaving a two inch border on all sides.
- Fold one end of the dough over the filling, then roll dough to form strudel.
- Repeat procedure with the remaining dough and apple mixture.
- Place strudels (seam side down) on a greased baking dish or cookie sheet and brush each strudel with 1 Tbs melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar (optional).
- Bake in a 350 degrees F. preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until surface is golden brown.
- GLAZE: Stir the confectioners sugar, melted butter, water and vanilla and mix completely. Drizzle over top of the warm strudels.
- SUGGESTIONS: It is heavenly with a scoop of frozen non-dairy topping!
- NOTE: Breakdown of fat information accurately reflects Cambrooke products but may not accurately reflect the fat in other recipe ingredients.