SERVING SIZE 184 g ( size description n/a )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 8
- 1 box of CBF Pasta Solo - Vermicellini
- 1 Tbs canola or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup mild salsa
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 4 CBF Southwestern Biscuits
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup liquid non-dairy creamer, rice milk, or other liquid milk substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil pasta according to package directions. This will take a while, so move on to make the rest of the chili while you are waiting for water to boil and pasta to cook.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and saute onion and peppers 3-4 minutes until onions are tender and golden.
- Add garlic and cook additional 30 seconds (garlic will burn and turn bitter if sauteed for too long).
- Add water, diced tomatoes, salsa, chili powder, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil briefly and then lower heat to medium-low and cover, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse and drain cooked pasta and add to the chili.
- Transfer the chili to a 8x8 inch square or 9 inch round casserole dish.
- Tear apart 4 CBF Southwestern Biscuits by hand into small chunks and put them in a mixing bowl. Add melted butter and non-dairy creamer and mix together.
- Spread topping over chili to cover evenly.
- Bake casserole uncovered for 15 minutes.
- SUGGESTIONS: Skip final three topping steps. For a single serving, tear apart one Southwestern Biscuit and put in a bowl. Spoon one serving of hot chili on top and serve.