SERVING SIZE 193 g ( size description n/a )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 8
- 1 box of Cambrooke Pasta Solo - Elbows or other low protein pasta
- 1 Tbs canola or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ medium green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup water
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- ⅔ cup mild salsa
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 100g Cambrooke MixQuick
- 6 Tbs Non-dairy creamer
- ½ tsp spices (oregano, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil pasta according to package directions. This will take a while, so move on to make the rest of the chili while you are waiting for water to boil and pasta to cook.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and saute onion and peppers 3-4 minutes until onions are tender and golden.
- Add garlic and cook additional 30 seconds (garlic will burn and turn bitter if sauteed for too long).
- Add water, diced tomatoes, salsa, chili powder, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil briefly and then lower heat to medium-low and cover, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse and drain cooked pasta and add to the chili.
- Transfer the chili to a 8x8 inch square or 9 inch round casserole dish.
- Mix Mixquick and non-dairy creamer with a fork or whisk until blended. Add ¼ tsp of oregano and ¼ tsp of chili powder for more spice, if desired. Or, choose your favorite spices or spice combination.
- Spread topping in pieces over chili casserole.
- Bake casserole uncovered for 15 minutes. Increase heat to 450 degrees F for two minutes to brown biscuit topping more, if desired.
- SUGGESTIONS: Skip final three topping steps. For a single serving, tear apart one Southwestern Biscuit and put in a bowl. Spoon one serving of hot chili on top and serve.