SERVING SIZE 159 g ( 1 slice )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 6
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 ½ packed cups (187g) Cambrooke Baking Mix
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- dash salt, optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix apples and sugar together and spread evenly in the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Blend Baking Mix, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and butter pieces together until mixture is crumbly using a fork or food processor.
- Spread evenly over apples and press down firmly covering all of the apples. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve with a dollop of frozen non-dairy whipped topping.
- SUGGESTIONS: For an awesome variation, add 3/4 cup cut-up strawberries to the apples and sugar portion of the recipe.