SERVING SIZE 322 g ( 1 bowl )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 8
- 1 cup Cambrooke Short Grain Rice
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced into cubes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into ½-inch slices
- 2 ribs celery, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 15 oz can of crushed tomatoes (with juice), diced
- 2 Tbs cooking oil
- 1½ quarts water
- 2 tsp Cambrooke Chicken Consomme
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Prepare rice or pasta according to the instructions.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften (about ten minutes).
- Stir in the water, consomme, tomatoes, potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the vegetables are almost tender (about 20 minutes).
- Stir in the cooked rice. Bring the soup back to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender (about 5 minutes). Stir in the parsley (optional).
- NOTE: Optional food not calculated in nutritional profile.