SERVING SIZE 138 g ( 138 )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 3
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 80g Cambrooke Short Grain Rice, dry
- ¼ cup white wine, optional, replace with extra broth if desired
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 14g Follow Your Heart Parmesan Style Shredded Cheese Alternative
- Preheat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add the onions and saute until translucent. Add the garlic and the short grain rice and stir to allow the rice to toast a little. You can add little more olive oil if necessary.
- Add the white wine or 1/4 cup broth if not using wine. We want the rice to absorb the liquid, but be sure to continuously stir the rice to avoid sticking to the pan. Since the rice has a lot of starch it can easily stick to the pan.
- Once the liquid has reduced and been absorbed add half of the broth to the pan and repeat step 2. Then, add the rest of the broth and repeat step two. The rice is ready when it is tender and not firm. Remove from heat and stir in the Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately.SUGGESTION: This can be saved and reheated. To reheat I would add a little extra liquid to the rice before reheating.
Recipe developed by Amber Gibson, HCU Mom and HCU Network Recipe Coordinator.