SERVING SIZE 100 g ( NA )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 8
- 1¼ cup Cambrooke Baking Mix
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 4 Tbs butter, melted
- 13½ fl oz canned coconut milk
- 3 fl oz sweetened condensed coconut milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 30 g lemon pudding, dry mix only, instant
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 ½ tsp agar agar powder
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9 or 8x8 square pan with parchment, allowing some to trail over the edge. This will help with easy removal of the bars.
- In a small bowl combine baking mix, salt and lemon zest. Gently mix to combine. Add butter and gently mix until moistened. Pour into the prepared square pan. Gently press mixture around bottom of pan until it reaches all sides. Make sure the crust is even across the bottom. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While the crust is cooling, prepare the filling. In a small bowl add pudding mix, agar agar powder and lemon zest. Set aside. In a medium saucepan, add coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk and sugar. Place on stove on medium heat. Bring to a slow simmer, stirring occasionally. Combine pudding mixture and lemon juice. Mix together. It will get thick. Add to heated coconut milk mixture. Continue to cook over medium heat, whisking frequently, until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Pour filling onto cooled crust. Refrigerate, uncovered, until firm. Once firm and cold it can be covered. Remove bars from pan to cut. Serve cold with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- SUGGESTIONS: You can use any low protein shortbread crust of your choosing. Be sure to adjust levels as necessary. If you are using salted butter, you can omit the salt in the crust.
Recipe developed by Amber Gibson, HCU Mom and HCU Network Recipe Coordinator.