SERVING SIZE 124 g ( NA )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 2
- 1 cup (110 g) Cambrooke Wel-Made Baking Mix
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup rice milk
- 3 Tbs canola oil
- In a medium bowl add the dry ingredients and gently mix. Slowly add the rice milk and mix with a spoon until dough comes together. Set aside.
- Add the oil to a small skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Sprinkle baking mix on the counter. Dump dough onto dusted counter. Add a little extra baking mix to the dough and gently knead until smooth. Cut into two pieces. Roll out into a round disc at least ¼ inch thick.
- Gently add the round dough to the preheated oil. Cook until golden brown, about three minutes. Gently flip over and cook another three minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil and put on a paper towel lined plate to absorb extra oil. Sprinkle with salt and serve warm. Repeat with leftover dough.
- Suggestion: Any nondairy milk can be used. Adjust where necessary.
Recipe developed by Amber Gibson, HCU Mom and HCU Network Recipe Coordinator.