SERVING SIZE 224 g ( NA )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 1
- 3 Tbs & ½ cup boiling water
- ⅓ cup Cambrooke Short Grain Rice
- 1 Tbs butter
- ¼ tsp Cambrooke Chicken Consommé
- ¼ tsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbs chopped onion, softened
- 1 Tbs chopped celery, softened
- 2 Tbs chopped carrots, softened
- First you need a Thermos. Look for one that will retain heat for 5 hours. To pre-heat: add 3 Tbs boiling water & let stand for 5-10 minutes (important). Discard water.
- Add all ingredients, stir and cover. Shake occasionally (do not open). Let cook 2½-5 hours until liquid is absorbed and not slushing.
- SUGGESTION: On the go? Soften your onion, celery and carrots in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.