SERVING SIZE 41 g ( NA )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 12
- 2.5 cups (275 g) Cambrooke Wel-Made Baking Mix
- 2.5 tsp (10 g) yeast, active dry
- 1 Tbs (12.5 g) sugar
- 1 tsp (6 g) salt
- 1 Tbs (15 g) vegetable oil
- ¾ cups (177 ml) lukewarm water
- Butter to serve, optional
- Soak yeast and sugar in water for 10 minutes or until alive and frothy.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix and salt. Gradually add yeast mixture and oil until a firm dough is formed.
- Add more baking mix if needed.
- Knead for 4-5 minutes. Cover with film and let the dough proof overnight in the refrigerator.
- Knead for a further 5 minutes and then press down into a 8” x 4” loaf pan. Sit again for 30-45 minutes until it has risen further. Then with a blunt knife, lightly indent the top of the dough in diagonal stokes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake bread for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Slice into 12 pieces and enjoy with butter.