SERVING SIZE 235 g ( 1 [with 4 servings of gravy] )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 1
- 6 Tbs unsalted butter
- 6 Tbs Cambrooke Wheat Starch
- 1 Tbs Cambrooke Chicken Consommé
- 1 can (15oz) low sodium vegetable broth
- ¾ cup non-dairy creamer
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning or to taste
- ⅓ cup of Cambrooke Short Grain Rice
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil. Add rice and simmer on low heat uncovered, gently stirring for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse well with warm water, set aside.
- For gravy, melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Slowly stir in wheat starch, mixing until well blended. Add remaining ingredients. Continue to heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens to preferred gravy consistency.
- Place ¼ cup of gravy over rice.
- SUGGESTION: Add Cambrooke Chicken patty for complete meal. Gravy can be portioned out and placed in freezer for future uses. To thaw, place in sauce pan and reheat on low heat.
- NOTE: Nutritional information reflects ¼ of produced gravy plus ⅓ cup of rice. Additional gravy or the addition of a Chicken Patty will add to the protein, amino acids and other macro and micronutrients.