SERVING SIZE 117 g ( 1/8 of recipe )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 8
- 1 ¾ cups (420 mls) warm water
- 1 pinch superfine sugar
- 9 grams dry yeast
- 4 ½ cups CT All Purpose Baking Mix
- ¼ cup Psyllium Husk
- 2 tsp salt
- Directions With Bread Machine
- Add all ingredients into bread machine pan. Follow manufacturer's instructions for your bread maker.
Or for a better result
- Pour water into bread machine pan, add sugar and then yeast. Stir briefly.
- Let mix sit for ten minutes (mixture should develop creamy foam on top).
- Add remaining ingredients and follow directions for bread machine to make a dough.
- Directions Without Bread Machine
- Add yeast and caster sugar into warm water and allow to sit.
- Measure all remaining ingredients into a large bowl and mix through.
- Pour yeast mix into the bowl. Using your hands mix the dough together until completely combined.
- Cover bowl with glad wrap making sure it’s air tight and place in a warm area (for example, on top of the oven with it turned right up or in a sunny window).
- Once dough has risen place it into a bread tin, cover again with glad wrap and place back in a warm spot.
- You can brush the loaf with olive oil if you choose to and even sprinkle with some dry herbs.
- Bake at 400 °F for 30 minutes or until golden.
A good way to tell if your loaf is ready to come out of the oven is to tap it on the bottom of the bread and if it sounds hollow it is ready to come out.
Recipe developed by Cortex Health.