SERVING SIZE 155 g ( 1/2 of Recipe )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 2
- Pesto Ingredients
- 70g Fresh Spinach
- 20g Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2-4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 30g Non-dairy Parmesan Cheese
- (Complete Nut-free Pesto Recipe contains 3 grams of protein; 119 mg of Phe: 199 mg of Leu; and 46 mg of Meth)
- Pesto Pasta Ingredients
- 75g Aproten Linguine
- 1 Tbsp Cambrooke Alfredo Sauce Mix
- 1Tbsp Butter
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Non-dairy Creamer
- 1.5 teaspoons Nut-free Pesto (above)
- Directions Pesto
- Place spinach, basil and two tablespoons of olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until spinach and basil is finely chopped. If it seems a little dry, add last two tablespoons of olive oil and pulse until combined. Next add parmesan cheese and pulse just until combined.
- Use in Pesto Pasta recipe or to store, place pesto in a glass jar fitted with a lid. Refrigerate up to a week or freeze up to 3 months. You can also freeze in ice cube trays to make portions easier to use.
- Directions Pesto Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- In a small skillet add creamer and 1 tablespoon butter. Place skillet over medium heat and heat until butter melts. Add alfredo mix and lightly whisk until sauce thickens. Next add nut-free pesto and whisk to combine. If sauce is too thick, add a little more creamer until desired thickness is reached. Toss pasta in the sauce. Sprinkle with non-dairy parmesan and serve immediately.
Recipe developed by Amber Gibson, HCU Mom and HCU Network Recipe Coordinator