SERVING SIZE 54 g ( 1 Crepe )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 8
- 1 c Cambrooke MixQuick Baking Mix, Gently packed, about 150g
- 1 Tbs Egg Replacer* (optional)
- 1 c Rice Milk, Divided
- 2 Tbs Butter, regular or unsalted, melted
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a small bowl mix one tablespoon of egg replacer with ¼ cup of rice milk. Set aside to sit.
- In a medium bowl add MixQuick and salt. Gently whisk to combine. In a 1-cup measuring cup add ¾ cup of rice milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir to combine. If butter solidifies, microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Add rice milk mixture to dry ingredients and mix to combine. Add in egg replacer mixture and mix. Batter should be a little thinner than pancake batter.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoon of butter. Once heated add 3 tablespoons of batter to the skillet. Swirl the skillet to spread batter around in pan. You want a very thin layer of batter. Cook crepe until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip crepe and cook 30 seconds to set batter on other side. Remove from pan. Continue this step for rest of the crepes.
- *The MIxQuick already contains a leavening agent but egg replacer can be added for extra volume.
- Fill with your favorite fruit, jam or low pro filling. These can be frozen and reheated if necessary.
Recipe developed by Amber Gibson, HCU Mom and HCU Network Recipe Coordinator