SERVING SIZE 60 g ( 1 bar )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 12
- 1 cup CBF Baking Mix, not packed
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp egg replacer
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a square 9 inch pan.
- Mix dry ingredients, baking mix through egg replacer.
- Blend in softened butter with a pastry blender or cut in with two knives. Mixture should resemble course crumbles.
- Add water and mix with spoon just until moistened.
- Pour in prepared pan and bake until inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into 12 bars.
- SUGGESTIONS: Fold chopped jalapeno peppers or green chilies (drained) into batter before pouring into pan. To make Corn Muffins just use 12-muffin pan and follow baking instructions above.