SERVING SIZE 23 g ( 1 Mandazi )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 8
- 1 c Cambrooke MixQuick Baking Mix, gently packed
- ¼ tsp Cardamom, ground
- 1 tsp Sugar, White Granulated
- ¼ tsp Salt, Table
- ¼ c Coconut Milk, canned
- 8 g Mixed Egg, mix first, then measure
- Wheat starch for dusting and adding
- In a medium bowl, add MixQuick, cardamom, sugar, and salt. Lightly whisk to combine. Make a well in dry ingredients and add egg. Lightly mix with a spatula. Add coconut milk one tablespoon at a time and mix. Once you add all the coconut milk, you should have a sticky batter.
- Dust a countertop with wheat starch. Dump sticky dough onto wheat starched counter. Using the spatula, gently knead the dough, adding wheat starch until it comes together. It will still be soft. Cover with plastic wrap for 5 to 10 minutes.
- While the dough rests, heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat, Or, you can use a fryer set to 375 degrees. Gently roll dough into a round disc and cut into eight wedges. Fry each wedge until golden and crispy on both sides. It will be about 3 minutes per side. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to drain. Serve immediately
Recipe developed by Amber Gibson, HCU Mom and HCU Network Recipe Coordinator