SERVING SIZE 35 g ( 1 cookie )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 26
- 290 g Cambrooke Wheat Starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
- 50 g vanilla pudding, dry mix only
- 12 Tbs butter, regular or unsalted, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup white granulated Sugar
- 25 g mixed large Egg
- ½ tsp cherry flavoring, up to 1 tsp if desired
- 2 Tbs maraschino cherry juice
- 80 g maraschino cherries, finely chopped
- 50 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp pink or red food coloring
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and lightly whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and sugars. Cream together until light and fluffy. Scrape bowl then add egg, cherry flavoring, and maraschino cherry juice. Mix just until combined. Add dry ingredients, in two batches, and mix just until combined. Add food coloring now and gently mix until desired color is reached. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips. If dough seems a little thick, add one tablespoon of water and gently mix together. Refrigerate dough for about 20 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment. Take cookie dough out and use a cookie scoop to place dough on baking sheet. Be sure to space each scoop about 2 inches apart, as these cookies may spread a little. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until cookies are set and edges are browned a little. Allow to cool for at least five minutes before moving to a cooling rack, as these will be very soft.
Recipe developed by Amber Gibson, HCU Mom and HCU Network Recipe Coordinator.