- PAD THAI SAUCE (makes 2 servings):
- ¼ cup Cambrooke Pea-Not Butter
- 1 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dark toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- pinch of chili flake (optional)
- CHICKEN PAD THAI RICE BOWL:
- ⅓ cup Cambrooke Short Grain Rice
- ¼ cup carrot shreds
- ¼ cup red pepper, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Cambrooke Chicken Patty Mix
- 3 Tbs and ⅓ boiling water
- First you need a Thermos®. Look for one that will retain heat for 5 hours. To pre-heat: add boiling water and let stand for 5-10 minutes (important).
- PAD THAI SAUCE: Microwave Pea-Not Butter on high for 15 seconds in a small bowl.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients and combine. Put half in a travel container.
- CHICKEN PAD THAI RICE BOWL: Prepare Chicken Patty Mix according to package directions. Cut into bit size pieces and put in travel container.
- In a saucepan, warm 2 tsp oil over medium high heat until simmering, sauté carrots, red pepper and garlic. Add ingredients and boiling water to Thermos, stir and cover. Cook at least an hour. When ready to eat, add Pad Thai sauce and Chicken Patty bites, stir and enjoy.
Thermos® is a registered trademark of Reinhold Burger.