SERVING SIZE 185 g ( about 1 cup )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 6
- 2 cups CT Short Grain Rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp vegetable or light sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs sugar
- NOTE: This rice can be eaten alone, rolled into your favorite sushi roll with ingredients of choice or in a bowl topped with your favorite sauteed vegetables! The sticky, chewy texture with lightly savory, sweet, pungent flavor will amaze you!
- Rinse Short Grain Rice in a strainer or colander until the water runs clear.
- Combine with water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Rice should be tender and water should be absorbed. Cool until cool enough to handle.
- In a small saucepan, combine the rice vinegar, oil, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Cool, then stir into the cooked rice. When you pour this into the rice it will seem wet. Keep stirring and the rice will dry as it cools.
- SUGGESTIONS: Make a SUSHI BOWL- Mix rice with cucumber, avocado, green onions, match-stick carrots and drizzle with a bit of combined teriyaki sauce & sesame oil. Or make Italian ARANCINI - Skip the vinegar and sugar step and combine rice and Cheddar or Mozzarella Shreds. Form into balls then roll in breadcrumbs and fry. Optional: Serve with marinara sauce.