SERVING SIZE 56 g ( 1 cookie )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 12
- Cookie Dough
- ½ package, about 3-cups (340g) Cambrooke Sugar Cookie Mix
- ¾ stick (84.75g) butter, softened
- 4 Tbs (60g) water
- Assembly Ingredients
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- ¼ cup powdered confectioners’ sugar
- In medium bowl, combine ½ package cookie mix, ¾ sticks softened butter and 4 Tbs water and mix until a soft dough forms. Chill prepared dough in refrigerator for 20 minutes or longer.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Work with half of the cookie dough at a time; refrigerate remaining dough until needed.
- On a lightly floured surface (low protein baking mix) or between 2 sheets of parchment paper, roll dough out to about ¼-inch thickness. Cut as many circles from the sheet as you can. Knead the leftover scraps of dough into a ball and roll it out and cut again.
- Place cookies 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Repeat the rolling and cutting process with the other half of the dough from the fridge, but before placing the second batch on the baking sheet, cut out the center of each circle with a ½ inch heart or circle shape cookie cutter.
- Bake both batches for 9 - 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Drop 2 tsp of jam in the center of the solid circles. Sprinkle heart cut-out cookies with powdered sugar; place over jam topped cookies, pressing lightly.
- Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.
- FUN ALTERNATIVE: Add a little variety by changing up the cookie shapes and flavored jams.
- NOTE: When kneading and cutting your shapes keep dough as cold as possible for easier handling. You may have to chill after rolling it out so that it will be easier to cut.